Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 September 2024

πŸ’Ž✨RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SEPTEMBER TUESDAY 10TH 2024. pastor Chris.πŸ’Ž✨ TOPIC :✨DON’T SEEK TO PLEASE GODLESS MEN✨

πŸ’Ž✨RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SEPTEMBER TUESDAY 10TH 2024. pastor Chris.πŸ’Ž✨ TOPIC :✨DON’T SEEK TO PLEASE GODLESS MEN✨

SCRIPTUREπŸ“– :Be not envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them (Proverbs 24:1 RSV).

Sometimes, you find Christians who envy godless individuals and wish to be in their company. Some get really excited to identify with some “big names.” If, for some reason, they get invited to be in the company of certain well-known people, they consider it a big deal. But that’s not how God sees it. He doesn’t want you to envy Godless men and women.

Remember what He said in Psalm 1:1, “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.” You’re blessed for not hanging out with the wicked who despise the way of the Lord and the life of the Kingdom. Don't envy or seek to please them. Even if they’re rich and influential, don’t be enticed by their wealth. 

I came across our opening verse when I was still very young and it gave me good instruction about human relationships: what's good for me and what's not good for me. So, right from a very young age, I’ve never been inspired by people who weren’t living for Christ, irrespective of who they were or what they had.

The next verse to our opening scripture shows why you shouldn’t envy them or enjoy being in their company: “For they spend their days plotting violence and cheating” (Proverbs 24:2 TLB). They have a nature of darkness, but you are a child of light; in fact, you’re light (Ephesians 5:8). Do you see why you should never seek to please them?

The only person you should want to please is the Lord Jesus. That’s important because those who truly love Jesus Christ will be pleased with the things you do. But if those who don’t love Jesus are pleased with the things you do, then there’s a problem and you should be concerned. In Galatians 1:10 CEV, Paul said, “I am not trying to please people. I want to please God. Do you think I am trying to please people? If I were doing that, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

                          CONFESSION
 I don’t envy Godless men or desire to be in their company. I walk as a child of light, for I am light in the Lord. My delight is in pleasing the Lord Jesus, and I seek to honour Him always. I’m guided by the Spirit of God who lives in me and guides me in the path of righteousness, to produce fruits and works of righteousness, in Jesus’Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Proverbs 24:1; Ephesians 5:8; Galatians 1:10

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 10:1-18 & Proverbs 27-28

 2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-10 & Jeremiah 28 2

No comments:

Post a Comment